_

_

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Another Year In the Life of Sierra












 

 Here's what Sierra is up to at two -
 -Weighs 24 lbs and is about 34 inches tall.

- Hasn't had Miralax in at least 2 weeks.
-Wears a mix of 24 month and 2T clothes.
-Wears a size 4 diaper.
-Naps once a day around 1:00.  Goes to bed at 8 and sleeps until about 9.
-Can get up to a standing position from the middle of the floor.  Walks 10-15 steps.  Can walk holding onto one of my hands.  She is still not "walking" though; she mostly crawls to get places..
-Only has physical therapy once a week.  Was evaluated for speech therapy and will begin sometime after the first of the year.
-Has almost outgrown her orthotics and will be getting new ones in the near future.
 -Is back to wearing her glasses fairly regularly.
-Waves for hi, bye, or thank you.
-Roars for every animal.
-Gives the sweetest snuggles and kisses.

As I reflect on two years with Sierra, here are some thoughts I wanted to share.
- I'm not going to lie; the last two years have been hard.  At this time last year, I had a one year old who was barely crawling and who was not eating much and surviving on nursing alone.  Now I have a two year old who is only walking a few steps and not really talking and who is still grumpy and cranky much of the time. 
-As hard as it has been, I wouldn't trade Sierra for the world.  She is so precious to me.  I love her snuggles and kisses and smiles and laughs.  And there has been much joy mixed with the hard days.  Things such as her grin when I walk in the room, listening to her siblings pray for her development, and watching her start to walk.
- God loves to give good gifts to His children.  Sierra is indeed a good gift.
-God's grace is enough.  It was enough for the big days: when I watched her be sedated for an MRI, when I handed her off to the nurse for surgery, and when she turned blue and I called 911.  And it was enough for the little days: when she was tiny and I literally held her for 20 hours out of 24 and when it seemed like she cried all day and I couldn't get anything done.
-I couldn't have made it without the support of our church family.  They have provided child care, meals, financial support, and prayers. Or without the support of our families who have done all the above and more.
God is good!  All the Time!

No comments: