_

_

Friday, July 3, 2009

Summertime Fun

The kids have enjoyed playing in our backyard kiddie pool and on the new Backyardigans Slip N' Slide that I bought for their birthday party. Yesterday, though, we got to go to the pool in Molly's neighborhood. Alexa played on the stairs and got in her float for a few minutes, which is what I expected, but Caleb really surprised me with how bold he was. Once he figured out that he could touch the bottom in the shallow end, he had a good time chasing the beach ball and just floating around. Molly and I even got to sit in the lounge chairs (in the shade, of course) and watch him for a few minutes while Alexa played outside of the pool.




5 comments:

Halyna said...

looks like fun! are you going to put the kids in swimming lessons?

Molly said...

Thank you so much for the picture of my shiny white legs! I was blinded there for a second!

DreArt said...

cute! let's see a video of the kiddies (and dave) doing slip and slide!!!

Oma and Opa said...

I wonder how Caleb is going to make out in our "smaller" pool - it's about 4 ft. deep....but we have a slide! Should we borrow some lifejackets?

EmilyV said...

Oma,

I was going to bring his floaties that go on his arm. They are inflatable, so they will pack really small. Hopefully he'll like your pool!