_

_

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Teaching Time - Signs That We Homeschool

I hope to go back and add to my list of reasons why we home school, but for now, some signs that we home school.

- the pile of library books in the living room. My card is generally maxed out on my limit of books and my limit of items on hold, so I had to get Caleb his own card.

- the lima beans sprouting in a sunny window.

- the numbers and ABC posters on the wall, soon to be joined by a world map.

- the various manipulatives that are generally spread around somewhere including but not limited to math blocks, shapes to form letters, pattern blocks, and Leapfrog stuff.

- the three year old walking around the house singing "Great is Thy Faithfulness."

- the pile of books on the table and the dinner that was a bit late because Mommy was doing lesson plans.

- the smiles and the giggles and the hugs and the kisses that flow freely all day long. I love being home teaching my children.

2 comments:

DreArt said...

hahahaha lima bean experiments! awesome.

Dave said...

Sign #8) Caleb thinks it's perfectly normal to wear a fluorescent green shape-sorter toy as a hat.