_

_

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

January 2011 Books Read

So, I was sick a few times in January. And the first week was Christmas break still, and the second week we were snowed in. Suffice it to say, I read A LOT of books in January. I'm pretty sure I won't keep up this pace the rest of the year.

1) The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams - read this to Caleb
2) Her Daughter’s Dream by Francine Rivers - this was a sequel, not as good as the first
3) The Yellow Sock by Angela Hunt - a novella about adoption
4) Out of the Dust by Karen Hesse - read this for my middle school English class
5) Take Four by Karen Kingsbury
6) Just Let Me Lie Down by Kristin van Ogtrop
7) The Accidental Mother by Rowan Coleman
8) Reflection by Diane Chamberlain
9) The Potluck Club by Linda Evans Shepherd - not great
10) Who Do I Lean On? by Neta Jackson
11) Winnie the Pooh by A.A. Milne - read this to Caleb
12) Quaker Summer by Lisa Samson - not great
13) Room by Emma Donoghue - loved this one, fascinating and horrifying at the same time
14) Dreaming in Black and White by Laura Jensen Walker
15) Dreaming in Technicolor by Laura Jensen Walker
16) Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy by Abigail Reynolds - easy read, but she's no Jane Ausetn
17) The Girl who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen - weird book, not sure I liked it

1 comment:

Joan said...

Do I get partial credit for the chapter(s) of Winnie the Pooh that I read to Caleb?