_

_

Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Best of 2011

As I reflect on 2011, it's very easy to pinpoint the best parts of the year. It was a good year on the whole, but best of all was the arrival of two sweet baby girls.

First, Audrey in July. The Lord was gracious to answer our prayers on Molly and Nick's behalf and bless them with Audrey. I don't think I will ever forget standing in line with the kids to get donuts at a rest area in Ontario and answering Molly's phone call that their baby had been born and they were on their way to pick her up. I started crying and even told some random stranger behind me because I was so excited. And then thanks to a friend from church who gave me Delta Buddy passes and Dave still being on summer vacation and able to take care of the kids, I was able to fly up to meet her and spend a few days hanging (and I hope helping) out.

And second, Sierra in December. I'm thankful that she was born healthy despite some health scares (mine not hers) while I was pregnant. I'm definitely thankful that she was born right at Christmas break so that I have had a few weeks with Dave home to help out while I rest (including napping every afternoon) and recover. And before I jump back into homeschooling Caleb and Alexa while keeping Jordanna from doing bodily injury to herself or destroying my house and now caring for a baby as well. We are fairly certain that she is our last baby, and our family is now complete. So, I'm trying to savor every moment of having a newborn one last time.

7 comments:

Halyna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Halyna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Halyna said...

love this!! happy new year!!

Halyna said...

third time was apparently the charm.. had to reset my account to have my name posted again!!

DreArt said...

It was great until I had to see Dave at the end... Happy new year! :)

Molly said...

Can't wait to see both babies grow up together. Poor Dave gets picked on by his little sister. Sad.

DreArt said...

Molly, I have a sisterly duty to uphold!