_

_

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Sleep

This is where I had planned for Sierra to sleep - a pack n' play next to my bed. Notice that it is empty. I tried to get her to sleep here for the first 3 weeks or so, but she woke up and cried every time.
I finally decided that she hated sleeping flat because of her reflux. She spits up a lot, and I think being flat on her back was painful for her (kinda like it was for me because of the horrible heartburn I had when I was pregnant with her). Anyway, I bought this and had it shipped overnight from Amazon (love having Amazon prime). It's a rocking sleeper where she can sleep semi upright. And she's covered up with the blanket that Miss Carol Ann made her. While she still is not a great sleeper, she sleeps much better now that she is propped up, sometimes even a 4-5 hour stretch at night.

1 comment:

Anneke said...

I went through this baby reflux stuff big time. Let me know if you ever need to talk!