_

_

Monday, September 10, 2012

From My Kitchen

Despite not having time to blog about cooking or menu planning (or much of anything really), I do still manage to feed all these people three or more times each day.  Sometimes I even feed them something remotely healthy and yummy.  Anyway, here are some things I've made the past week.

Breakfast first.  I found the idea for this one a blog (which I have forgotten, or I'd give credit), but I modified it a little bit.  First line muffin tins with deli ham.  They should resemble paper muffin cups.
Then, crack an egg into each one.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and then sprinkle with some shredded cheese.
Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes.  When they're done, they'll pop right out in one piece.
Next up, lunches.  I can get into such a rut with lunch sometimes, especially in the summer when Dave is home.  So, I've been trying to mix it up lately, and the kids have really liked it.

Banana blueberry yogurt parfaits.  The big kids LOVED these.  Jordanna not so much.  We had leftover mac and cheese with turkey smoked sausage with our parfaits.

We were running low on fruit one day, so this was my solution before I had a chance to go to the store.  Ham and cheese sandwiches, pretzels, dried strawberries, and peach/banana smoothies.
Caleb and Alexa begged for smoothies again later in the week, so we had leftover pizza with strawberry smoothies.

Finally, dinner.  I was making pork tenderloin when day this week.  I was planning to make potatoes with it, but my potatoes were too shriveled.  So I made up a random rice recipe with garlic, carrots, and broccoli.  It turned out really yummy!

2 comments:

Joan said...

The leftovers were yummy, too.

Dave said...

hey, why do you make all the fun meals when I'm back at work?