_

_

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Things I Don't Want to Forget

I feel like time is just flying lately! How is it even possible that in a few short weeks, Jordanna will turn 3 and Sierra will turn 1. Anyway, here are a few recent memories that I don't want to forget.

 - We were playing soccer with the kids in the backyard the other night. When Dave scored, Alexa cheered that he had gotten a strike. A few minutes later, she cheered again that he had gotten a field goal. She's a bit confused on her sports vocabulary. And Dave kept pretending to miss the ball so that the kids could score.

-Jordanna is usually the first child up in the morning. I love how she starts talking a mile a minute as soon as she gets up (okay, I love this even more when it's 7:30 or later). I love her sweet morning cuddles and the few minutes we get to spend alone before the others get up.

 -I love story time with the kids. I read the books facing out like the librarian while they sit on the floor in front of me. The other day, as I was reading, they kept sneaking back to the playroom one at a time to get another book to add to my pile. I pretended not to notice, and we must have read 10 or 12 books in a row.

 -My normally quiet Caleb will all of a sudden burst forth with a long explanation of how he thinks something works or what should be invented or why something happens. I love hearing the wheels turning in his head.

 -Right before bed, we sit on Caleb's bed and read a book and have family devotions. I love closing the day listening to 3 little voices belt out "Christ the Lord Is Risen Today" or "All Hail the Power of Jesus Name." And Sierra grins and coos along.

 -Speaking of Sierra, when I walk past her, she wiggles and stretches will all her might to try and get to me. I don't think anyone has ever adored me so much or needed me so much as she does.

 -I love nursing and rocking a sleepy Sierra before bed. She is so warm and cuddly and gives the goofiest smiles. We moved her into the girls' room last week, and I am loving having my room back, but I do miss her.

That's all for now because Sierra is paging me from upstairs. I'm sure I'll think of more to share later.

No comments: