_

_

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Internetless

Our internet was working only sporadically on Monday and Tuesday, and it did not work at all on Wednesday or this morning until the Comcast guy came around lunchtime and fixed it. I did miss reading blogs and forums and such, but I really missed the wealth of information that is normally at my fingertips. Here are some examples of things I had to do differently -

-actually turn on the TV to the Weather Channel to check the forecast
-use the phone book to find the number for the library to check what books were due (or overdue)
-call the bank to check my bank account balance
-get my wonderful best friend to pay a bill online for me because it was too late to mail a check and I didn't have a phone number to call and pay by phone
-wait for the Publix ad to arrive in the paper today instead of looking at the sneak peek and getting all my coupons ready in advance
-call several people to discuss things that I normally would have handled by e-mail

1 comment:

Oma and Opa said...

Oh, the inconvenience of it all...