_

_

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas Part #2

Okay, so here goes with blogging about Christmas.  If you're wondering why this is entitled Part #2, I realized after I loaded all these pictures that I had some earlier pictures still to blog about.  So Part #1 will come later.  Anyway, we celebrated Christmas with my mom's family on the Saturday and Sunday before Christmas as we usually do.

The kids in their matching outfits ready to go to Grammy and Gramps's house
Ready to open presents!

Jordanna "helping" Kristina pass out presents
Caleb's favorite present - a $10 bill from Grandma
Jordanna got a huge Dora doll
.
And Alexa got a headband making set.
We always for a gag gift exchange. My dad got a Shrek hat, which he proceeded to wear for awhile.
We had a new addition to the family this year, my cousin's baby, Leland.
After most people left, we stayed for pizza with the out of town guests who were staying the night.
Sierra slept most of the party, but she finally woke up and opened her presents.  When we got home, I discovered that she had a fever, which would explain why she slept most of the time and clung to me when she was awake.

My mom answered the door for the pizza wearing the Shrek hat.
Here's the gag gift I got - a ginormous sweet potato (sippy cup pictured for size comparison).  I cooked it up for the family party the next day. This one potato filled the whole casserole dish.
So, the next day, we were supposed to go to my other grandparents' house after church.  But instead, I took this goofy girl, who had spiked a 104 fever, to the pediatrician.  She had a double ear infection, so I'm glad I took her in.
Dave took the big kids to the party, and this is the only picture I have, stolen from Facebook.

No comments: