_

_

Saturday, September 6, 2008

98% Savings at Publix and CVS

Molly and I had a fun evening shopping tonight. We covered her whole kitchen island with our purchases.

At CVS, I spent $.55, which was tax only. I got 6 bottles of body wash, one bottle of dish soap, and 2 snack packages of Cashews.

At Publix, I spent $.84. I got 20 boxes of Hamburger Helper (It was $.80 a box, and I used $1 peelie coupons that were on the box), a 12 pack of Coke, a carton of yogurt, a bottle of whole milk, and 2 boxes of Aunt Jemima French toast.

We also went to Target, where I spent just over $4 on a swim suit for Alexa with a built in swim diaper, a pair of heart patterned leggings, 1 bottle of Pantene shampoo, 1 bottle of Pantene conditioner, and 1 bottle of Pantene hairspray.

We had some nice cashiers and some not so nice ones, but we survived the trip anyways and got some great bargains in the meantime.

Now we are blogging on our laptops and eating nachos and drinking Mikes Cranberry Lemonade. Yumm!

3 comments:

Joan said...

One of these days your decadent lifestyle is going to catch up with the both of you.

Annette Feschbaum said...

Um, Mollykins, what happened to the grapes?

Julie said...

Sweet deal on the Hamburger Helper! I will have to look for that today when I make my run. Do you know about this forum thread that tells you what the penny item will be for the week? : http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=795589

Sometimes they have it up a few days in advance, other times not until Sunday morning but it helps to know if it's worth a trip just for that before you get there :)