_

_

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Poor Neglected Blog


Hello, blog. Remember me? I am your author. I promise I haven't forgotten you. It's just that most of my computer time occurs with a baby in my arms, making it very difficult to type.

Anyway, here's what we've been up to lately.

Saturday - The kids enjoyed playing in the snow some more and drinking hot chocolate when they came inside. After naps, we packed up the van and headed south for the visitation before Grandpa's funeral. One of Grandma's friends was nice enough to let us stay with her for the night so we could avoid driving back home only to return Sunday.

Sunday - We attended church at Grandma's church followed by a lunch for the family and then the funeral. It was bitter cold that day, so Dave stayed in the van with out kids and one extra watching a movie while I attended the grave side service. We drove home just in time for dinner, baths, and bed.

Monday - I finished all my grading for class on Tuesday. Yes, I have had four weeks off to do my grading, but I've been a bit busy with a new baby and such. I also saved 82% at Publix and took all three kids to make my copies for school. I started back up with Caleb's preschool. His theme this week is "N" is for numbers. In between everything, I did somewhere around 3,000 loads of laundry.

Tuesday - I went back to work teaching English to homeschooled students. My mom is still keeping Caleb and Alexa, and a friend is keeping Jordanna in the baby nursery of the church where I work. I was able to feed and cuddle her at lunch, which was nice.

Wednesday - Jordanna had her one month check up. She is 10 lbs 6 oz and in the 90th percentile for height and weight. Afterward, we ran to Target and got popcorn and a drink, which I had bribed the kids with for being good in the doctor's office. Then we returned our library books and picked up some more and ran through the Chickfila drive thru for lunch. I also did another 3,000 loads of laundry.

On the agenda for today - I plan to do some more laundry (are you sensing a theme here?), run to Kroger for some great deals, vacuum, and get all my lesson plans done for school next week. Wish me luck (and lots of energy and well-behaved kids).

1 comment:

Joan said...

After reading this I need a nap.