_

_

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Resolution II

So, my other resolution of sorts is to keep track of all the books I read this year. On one message board I am on, some people are participating in a challenge to read 50 books (so basically one a week) in 2010. I love to read, and I read quickly. But, I don't have a lot of time for reading these days. I do read some books for the English classes that I teach, though. Anyway, it made me wonder how many books I read in a year. I am not including all the books I read to the kids, but I am including the novels I read for teaching. At the end of each month, I plan to share the books that I read that month. So, here's my list for January with a little added commentary.

1) Eat, Shrink, and be Merry by Janet and Greta Podleski - a cookbook that is meant to be read

2) Mommywood by Tori Spelling - okay book, recommended in a parenting magazine I read

3) The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien - for school

4) Shades of Blue by Karen Kingsbury - one of my favorite authors, but not one of her best books

5) The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald - for school

6) The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio by Terry Ryan - quick, easy read

7) The Help by Kathryn Stockett - good book, didn't love the ending, though

2 comments:

Dave said...

7 books in one month - you're on track to read 84 books this year

Oma and Opa said...

We're glad you love the CookBook!
Now I know what to get you for next Christmas - Book #2. I wonder if it's available in the US? Too bad you can't get the TV shows down there. You would love them!
I agee with Kingsbury book....I've stopped buying them for our school library. I don't have much time to read either and I don't even have little kids to distract me!