_

_

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Lack of Bloggage

So, not only have I not been blogging, I haven't even taken pictures this week. The only pictures on the camera were from Caleb opening this present from Alexa on his birthday. He has slept on it every night since.
Friday and Saturday, Dave was gone camping, and I survived while he was gone. Molly came over Friday night and we "watched" Sleepless in Seattle.

Sunday was the usual church and lunch at Molly and Nick's house. It was also Nick's birthday, so Molly made his favorite meal and dessert, and he opened his presents.

Monday was a fairly normal day until about 7:30 p.m. when Molly called to tell me that I get to be "Aunt Emily' because they were chosen to adopt a baby girl in early August. To say that I was excited is a bit of an understatement. I made Dave go up to the attic that night (and again the next night) so that I could start washing baby girl clothes (of which I have a TON) to pass along.

On Tuesday, I had some teacher meetings. I led a seminar on classical education (which I fortunately prepared for ahead of time because I was majorly distracted by baby news on Monday night).

Today I had another teacher meeting. Molly came over to babysit for my kids, and I had almost half of the dining room table covered with baby stuff for her to take home.

And finally, tomorrow we begin our two day drive to visit Dave drive to visit Dave's parents. I'll try to get pictures while we are there.

1 comment:

Angi said...

Emily, Please tell Molly how excited I am for them. Adoption is a wonderful experience. Praise God for the gift He has given them.