_

_

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Partying

We had Alexa's 4th and Caleb's 6th birthday party yesterday morning. I tried to talk them into a different type of party, perhaps one that was air-conditioned, but they wanted a backyard pool party as always. So that's what we did.

First the kids played in the pool.

Then we had snacks. I made two different kinds of cupcakes and set out 3 colors of icing and lots of sprinkles so that everyone could decorate their own. It was a hit!


Then Caleb and Alexa opened their presents.





Jordanna even got a few presents.
I think she liked this one (a My Little Pony)!
I handed out goody bags to our guests, and we did the pinata. It was a really cool one where the kids pulled out the strings. Once all the strings were out, the bottom was open (although I did have to shake it a little to get the candy out).

Two of the little ones pulling out strings.

Hey! Where's the candy?

Oh, there it is!

The loot, I mean presents.
Then, we just hung out for a little while more.
The end!

1 comment:

Oma said...

Sounds like you all had a great time.....good thing you have a big back yard!