_

_

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Weekend Update and Light at the End of the Tunnel

Sorry to neglect my blog so much lately. I have been nauseous and exhausted! But the good news is that I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel or at the end of the first trimester really. I'm starting to feel much better, and I even have plans to actually cook dinner this week. Check back tomorrow for a menu plan.

So, Dave went backpacking this weekend, so I was home with the kids Friday and Saturday until late afternoon. Friday we ran some errands and then went to Chickfila for lunch later on. When we got home, Caleb told me he needed his green hat (you've probably seen it in pictures before; it's really half of a shape sorter ball that he wears on his hat). So, I went to the van to get it, but it wasn't there. Meanwhile, Caleb is sitting on the rocking ottoman, rocking back and forth saying, "I'm sad; it's gone." So, I called Chickfila, and fortunately (or unfortunately perhaps) they were able to find it and put it aside for me until I went back to get it.

Later Friday afternoon Molly came over to watch the kids while I went to a doctor's appointment. It was very glad not to take two wigglers with me to the doctor! I got a clean bill of health so far, and we were able to hear a good, strong baby's heartbeat. I told Caleb that I got to hear the baby's heart and asked him what sound a heart makes, to which he replied, "Boing, boing.' It was too cute to correct.

After dinner the kids watched a movie, and then I watched Bride Wars after they went to bed. It was fun to watch a Chick Flick, since Dave won't usually watch them with me.

Saturday morning we went to Blockbuster to get a movie, which would not play because it was so scratched, and the to the grocery store to get newspapers, which hadn't arrived yet. It was a very dissapointing trip. So after naps, we went back to return the movie. We found another copy of the same movie, which they gave us with no problem. We watched it once, and now it won't play either. So annoying. But we did get newspapers, and they had 4 coupon inserts this weekend!

Dave got home around 5:00 yesterday and got unpacked. After the kids were in bed, we watched The Bucket List because he was too tired to do move from backpacking.

Today we had church as usual and enjoyed getting to hang out with Molly and Nick in between services since we missed last Sunday due to Mother's Day. Now it's on to the last week of school before summer vacation!!!!!

No comments: