_

_

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Projects, Projects, Projects

Sorry that I have been so scarce around here this week, but it has been with good reason. I have had and still have A LOT to do. This was the first week that Dave was back at school (although he was home yesterday), so I've also had to adjust to not having him home to help as much.

My first project of the week was rearranging and reorganizing the pantry after our ant invasion while we were gone this week. The entire contents of my pantry were in a jumbled mess on the dining room table while we got all the ants cleaned up.

I've also been working on preschool for Caleb (I'm writing a curriculum myself this year), and we started back to school on Thursday. We had to stop at School Box earlier in the week and get a few more things before we could start. I was planning to do school during Alexa's nap, but she seems quite content to color and watch us, so I might do it while she is awake. We shall see.


I'm also working on prepping kids' clothes to sell at a consignment sale next week. The limit per seller is 175 items, and I plan to sell the full 175, mostly boys clothes and baby girl clothes that will be the wrong season for the new baby. The entire guest room is covered in clothes at the moment.

I also had 2 weeks of coupons to cut, sort, and file this week since we were gone last week. I hope to finish that up this afternoon before I get even more coupons in the paper tomorrow.

Midweek, I found out that there will be no 5th and 6th graders for me to teach this year (I teach home schooled students one day a week). So instead I will be teaching 7th-12th grade English. I attended 2 days of teacher meetings last month, so I was ready to teach the 5th/6th curriculum this year. So, I had to send out some e-mails to get the 7th-12th grade information. Hopefully I will even get some textbooks sometime next week so I can start planning. Fortunately, Molly teaches 7th and 8th grades at another campus of the same school, so I can rely on her expertise to help me out (otherwise known as copying her lesson plans).

Yesterday, since it was Dave's last Friday home for awhile, we took the kids to the park to play and then came home and let them swim in the backyard.


All in all, it's been a good but BUSY week.

1 comment:

Oma and Opa said...

Careful, Alexa might be learning too!