_

_

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Projects, Projects, Projects

So, as if the first week of school wasn't enough for me along with homeschooling Caleb, being sick, and being pregnant, I have several projects going as well.

First, Molly and I are planning to have a yard sale the 3rd Saturday in September. I already have quite a pile of clothes, stuff, and even furniture to sell.

Which leads to number two, cleaning out and organizing closets. I have gone through my closet and the linen closet already, but I still need to go through the kids' closets.

The main reason for numbers 1 and 2 is number three, moving Caleb into the guest room. Alexa and Jordanna will share what is currently the kids' room. Caleb's room is already painted blue. I plan to paint the trim white (I got everything taped today) and do a bit of touch up to the blue. We already have a comforter that is blue, navy, and white striped. So, I am getting my mom to make some curtains and Aunt Andrea to paint a wall hanging. Caleb wants monkeys in his room, and this is the best fabric I have found so far.

Busy, busy!

4 comments:

Halyna said...

oooo cool! Do you have any stuffed sock monkeys? Mom used to make them.. I wonder if she's got any around still?

Oma and Opa said...

It's raining, its pouring..you should be snoring:) Sorry, I just checked my Craft Storage Crate and no more monkeys...they made great gifts.
But Halyna has one in her closet....

Dave said...

Maybe Oma can make some more sock monkeys for her favorite grandchildren...

Halyna said...

If I still have one in the closet as Mom says, which I am pretty sure I do.. dig it up and give it to Caleb!! :)