_

_

Monday, September 21, 2009

64% Savings at Publix

No picture today because the kids were playing Playdough on the table where I normally put the groceries (see previous post). The kids and I ran to Publix today in the brief time period this morning in between rain showers. We managed to shop and get home without getting wet. I spent $29.39 and saved $54.84. While my savings today were not fantabulous, what is fantabulous is that with the exception of picking up some fresh produce and maybe some lunch meat on Saturday when I get my newspapers, I am DONE with my grocery shopping for the week. And I even managed to purchase several things to send to my brother, so keep an eye out for a box sometime soon, Phillip (like after the rain subsides so that I don't need a boat to go ship it).

Here's what I got -
1 bag Lifesavers - $.05 overage
2 Healthy Choice frozen meals - FREE
4 packages Uncle Ben's ready rice - $.33 each
1 loaf French bread - $.49
Broccoli crowns - $.77
2 boxes Betty Crocker fruit snacks - $.30 each
2 boxes instant grits - $.88 each
Bananas - $.71
Pears - $.64
1 gallon Publix milk - $2.25
2 packages boneless skinless chicken breasts - $2.77 and $3.30
5 cans Del Monte vegetables - $.45 each
1 can Pillsbury cinnamon rolls - $.67
1 2L Coke - $1.33
2 bottles Ken's ranch dressing - $1.10 each (not a great price, but somehow I managed to run out of ranch dressing)
1 bag Publix coffee - $.01
1 package Hormel pepperoni - $1.59
2 bottles Clorox bleach - $.67 each
2 bottles Glass Plus cleaner - $.25 each
2 boxes Quaker granola bars - $1.00 each
1 bottle International Delight French vanilla creamer - $1.50

1 comment:

Joan said...

"Don't need a boat to ship it." Nice.