_

_

Friday, September 11, 2009

Finished Rearranging

Well, for now at least. As our family grows and changes, it seems like we are always rearranging things so that our house suits our needs. But at least we are finished with all of my current rearranging plans.

Here's the playroom/schoolroom. At this point, with a 2 year old and a 4 year old, playing is learning. And I didn't want to take all the toys out of here because the only other place to put them is upstairs in their rooms. They are not quite old enough to play upstairs unattended for more than a few minutes, so I kept some toys in here.

Our ABC poster, calendar, and easel.
My desk, the kids table, and the play kitchen.
An empty shelf waiting to be filled with curriculum. And I can easily empty another shelf as well by taking some toys upstairs.
The TV back in the living room. This is where it was when we first got this TV. And now it is back. Comcast should be here sometime in the next 3 hours to get the cable hooked up. Notice the huge pile of library books on the fireplace. Last time I checked, we had about 50 items currently checked out from the library.
My dining room, which is no longer coupon central or the school room. I do anticipate using the table for school once the kiddos outgrow their little table, but at least I have some room for book and supply storage in the school room.
I also hung up one Monkey wall hanging in Caleb's room, and I "made" him another one today. I ordered a copy of Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed from Paperback Swap (so free for me). I then cut out the pictures (don't worry, we already have a copy of this book to read to the kids) and put them in a collage frame that was in the upstairs hallway. The newest picture in that frame was Caleb as a baby, so it was about time to do something with in anyway. I'll post some more pictures of his room once I get it finished.

2 comments:

DreArt said...

How long were you able to keep the toy room clean and tidy? lol

EmilyV said...

3.5 seconds.