_

_

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Weekend Fun

It has been a busy but fun weekend around here. Yesterday morning, I dropped the kiddos off at Grammy's house and went to my 34 week doctor's appointment. I am measuring exactly on target, my weight gain is right on track, and Jordanna's heart beat sounded perfect. I go back in two weeks, and then after that, I have to go every week. It's hard to believe that the end is almost in sight!

After the doctor, I went home, where Molly picked me up for a fun girls' weekend. We went to Chattanooga, where the first thing we did was sell some books back at a used bookstore for some cash, which we proceeded to spend the rest of the weekend by shopping until we dropped. We spent the night at Covenant College, which is where we both attended college and met our husbands and each other. We ate our meals in the Great Hall, for free I might add, where the food was a bit better than when we were there. Last night we went to the mall, and today we shopped at two outlet malls.

While I was gone, Dave and the kiddos watched Ice Age 3, played lots of games, colored, played with play dough and lots more. It sounds like they had so much fun that I'm not sure if they even missed me.

I got home, unloaded, and took a much needed nap. Then we got the kids dressed in their costumes and went to a Reformation party at my parents' church. The kids played games, jumped in a bouncy thing, and got candy, of course. After a hot dog dinner, we headed home for baths and bedtime.

Here are my cuties. Caleb dressed as a monkey and Alexa as a butterfly.


No comments: