_

_

Friday, January 28, 2011

Fun Friday

We started our day working hard on school so that we could play this afternoon. Caleb had to copy his Bible verse for handwriting today.
Of course, Alexa wanted to do the same thing as Caleb was doing. So I wrote the verse out for her and gave her a highlighter to trace it with.
After we finished school, the kids went out to play for awhile. Then we picked up Chickfila and took it to Dave for lunch. We all enjoyed our Chickfila for lunch except for Caleb who packed a peanut butter and honey sandwich, blueberries, and Cheetos in his lunch box. I think he's going to love getting to take a lunch to school one day a week next year.

After we ate lunch, I told the kids that I had a surprise for them. I took them to an indoor pirate themed playground. It had sand to play in, guns that shot soft balls, and bouncy things. These are the only pictures I got because the kids were too busy to stand still for pictures.


When we got home, both girls took naps. Alexa only naps about once every 2 weeks these days, so I enjoyed the peace and quiet. Caleb played in his room for awhile and then played some Wii.

We read this book, On Top of Spaghetti, this week, and I promised the kids that we would make spaghetti and meatballs tonight for dinner. I actually used the meatball recipe on the back of the book since I had never made meatballs before.
It was very yummy!
Jordanna thought so, too (although I cooked some short pasta for her instead of spaghetti).

After dinner, I bathed Jordanna while the kids watched a movie and then we all had some popcorn.

All in all, it was a fun Friday.

1 comment:

Oma and Opa said...

What a fun and busy day...I like the way they sit while doing handwriting....where's the left-handed kid?
Jordanna has a fork in her right hand (but she's not using it because she's really left-handed)
She's eating her food with the left hand...:P