_

_

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Making Baby Food

I've mentioned before that I make most of my kids' baby food.  I figure that I don't prefer to eat canned or jarred food all the time, so why should they?  It's fresher and cheaper to make my own.  Anyway, due to a certain little problem Sierra has, the first thing I made for her was apple/prune puree.

I took 4 apples, one box of prunes, and about 1/2 a cup of apple juice (I typically use water, but I read to use apple juice with prunes to keep the puree from being bitter),
cooked them until tender,
pureed the mixture with my immersion blender (thanks Phillip and Lystra),
and froze it in ice cube trays.  Once the cubes were frozen, I popped them out and put them in a Ziploc bag.
Next up, acorn squash.

2 comments:

Joan said...

Yum?

Oma said...

We were going to buy you one of those mixer for Christmas....