_

_

Saturday, February 23, 2008

28 Things About Me

In honor of my 28th birthday today, here are 28 facts about me.

1) My children were born at the same hospital I was.

2) I almost got a brother as my 3rd birthday present. He turns 25 tomorrow.

3) I can't whistle, blow bubbles with gum or blow up balloons.

4) I flew in an airplane for the first time when I was 17 on a mission trip to Jamaica.

5) I went to Disney for the first time when I was 21 with my (now) husband.

6) I have become obsessed with coupons lately.

7) I have also become obsessed with car seat safety.

8) I am eating a homemade chocolate chip waffle and bacon for breakfast at the moment.

9) I love to bake and cook.

10) I love to sleep, but my children seem to hate it. Alexa is almost 8 months and has not slept through the night or even come remotely close yet.

11) I am a member of an OPC (Orthodox Presbyterian Church) Church.

12) I spend way too much time on the computer.

13) I love to read, and I am often reading 2-3 books at the same time.

14) I graduated from Covenant College with a bachelor's degreen in elementary education.

15) I married a Canadian.

16) I love bubble baths, but random children often appear in the bath tub with me.

17) I love shopping, even grocery shopping.

18) I have ridiculously long legs and have to buy tall pants even though I am not the right height to need them.

19) I taught 5th grade for 5 years before becoming a Stay at Home Mom.

20) I just applied for my first passport.

21) I have been in 3 countries - Jamaica, USA, and Canada.

22) I like to microwave things for 11 seconds or 22 or 33.

23) I have a mommy's girl and a daddy's boy.

24) I shop for my kids' clothes at consignment sales. I am heading to 2 this morning as soon as Alexa wakes up from her nap.

25) I lived in the same house from birth until I was 21, and I have lived in GA my whole life including the four years I spent away at college.

26) I love dark chocolate.

27) I often leave the house with no makeup on.

28) I am grateful to the Lord for another year in which to sing His praises.

3 comments:

Molly said...

One to grow on:

29) You're one of my favorite people and the best mommy I know!

Anonymous said...

And I thought I was the only one who microwaved things for 11, 22 or 33 seconds!! Must be something in the genes....

Kristina said...

Emily! I do the same thing..the 11, or 22, or 33..although I probably get it from my mom..(and I find that other people can't stand it.)