_

_

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Sleep (or lack thereof)

We had my parents over for dinner tonight (It was yummy by the way. We had BBQ sandwiches, homemade mac and cheese, baked beans, and broccoli salad. For dessert, we had chocolate fondue with cheesecake, pound cake, marshmallows, brownies, strawberries, and bananas.). I was talking to my mom about why my children don't sleep. Caleb did not sleep through the night consistently until he was 14 months old. Alexa is 7 months and 1 week old. She has never slept through the night. The longest stretch she ever slept was 4.5 hours, and that is a distant memory. Neither she nor I has slept more than a 3 hour stretch in weeks.

I can't figure out why she doesn't sleep. I love to sleep! I would be very happy with 10 hours a night every night. Maybe in another 7 months, I guess. Everyone else I know has babies that sleep through the night (forced or not), but not mine. Maybe the 3rd time will be a charm, and our third baby (which is still in the distant future by the way) will sleep through the night at 6 weeks. Ha! Well, I guess it's off to bed for me since I will probably be woken up 4 times before morning.

No comments: