_

_

Friday, April 24, 2009

Friday Fun

Molly and my mom came over this morning to prepare some meals for the freezer. My friend Annette also came over with her little boy, and she watched the kids while we cooked. It was a huge help to have someone to keep the kids out of the kitchen!

We made three servings each of five different meals: Chicken Marsala, Bangkok Chicken Satay, Monterey Jack Stuffed Chicken, Parmesan Pork Tenderloin, and Balsamic Glazed Pork Medallions. I recently got a new freezer cookbook, and all the chicken recipes came from that. One pork recipe we found online, and the other one my mom tweaked to mimic a recipe she made at the Dinner A'fare (a place where you prepare meals for the freezer using their recipes and ingredients) one time. I am so excited to have my freezer stocked full of yummy and easy meals.

After we finished cooking, we had lunch, and everyone headed home. Then, since Dave got home early, I enjoyed a nice, long afternoon nap. Now, it's time for popcorn and a movie!

1 comment:

Joan said...

I like yummy, but what's a wasy meal?