_

_

Friday, April 3, 2009

Huge Publix Trip

Publix has some great deals going on right now. The current sales ad runs from April 2-11. I went ahead and got all my shopping out of the way before the deals were gone. And now I don't need to go back for a week and a half.

I spent $51.79 and saved $159.92, which is a savings of 76%. We are going camping during Spring Break next week, and I was able to get juice boxes, breakfast items, and snack foods for our trip. I also replenished my baking storehouses after the baking I did this week. And I got lots of cake and brownie mixes, which I use for the snack I make for church each week.

Here's what I got. It wouldn't even all fit on the table.

2 boxes Fiber One granola bars - $.85 each (I had a rain check for these)
4 boxes Wheat Thins artisan - $.57 each
1 2-pack Publix bakery cookies - $.25
3 Duncan Hines brownie mixes - $.60 each
1 pack Mott's apple juice boxes - $1.99
2 packs Caprisun juice boxes - $1.45 each
7 bottles Kraft salad dressing - FREE
4 Duncan Hines cake mixes - $.13 each
1 5 lb bag Domino sugar - $1.30
1 box Velveeta shells and cheese - $1.00
1 package Smithfield bacon - $2.00
2 bags Ghiradelli chocolate chips - $1.50 each
1 package Reynolds muffin cups - $.45
1 package Kraft American singles - $1.67
1 jar Motts applesauce - $1.37
9 containers Mento gum - FREE
3 bags Cheerios snack mix - $.28 each
4 bags Chex Mix - $.28 each
3 boxes Jolly Time popcorn - $.39 each
9 bags Bird's Eye frozen vegetables - $.03 each
1 bag Lays potato chips - $2.00
3 bags Halls cough drops - FREE
1 dozen eggs - $1.39
1 box Frosted Flakes pouches - $1.99
1 canister Emerald almonds - $1.90
1 2L Diet Dr. Pepper - FREE
1 package Lenders bagels - $1.00
1 head Romaine - $1.69
2 lbs bananas - $1.45
2 Sundown vitamins - $.69 each
1 gallon Publix milk - $2.79
3 cartons Breakstone sour cream - $.45 each
1 package Thomas English muffins - $.50
3 cartons Land O Lakes butter - $1.00 each
2 cartons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter sticks - $.24 each
1/2 gallon Breyers Ice Cream -$1.75
1 5lb bag Gold Medal flour

6 comments:

DreArt said...

i'm coming over to eat

Molly said...

What did you get rainchecks for?

No Better Butter popcorn?

Did you not get overage on the Kraft?

I'm headed out in a little while to do my shopping. I'm sure I won't do as well as you, but I'm inspired. :)

EmilyV said...

I didn't get any rain checks, but I could have for the applesauce (I got the last jar) and something else that I don't remember.

No, there was no overage on the Kraft. (Well one penny, I guess.) It was $2.99 BOGO.

No popcorn.

Teresa & Julie-Andi said...

Great deals! I'm a Publix shopper too. :)

nanci b said...

Great deal on ALL YOU magazine which hold many, many manufacturer coupons.

Each issue is .75/$18 for a 2 yr subscription.

See my blog spot to view the coupons in the April issue.
www.southernlivingathomemom.blogspot.com

annies home said...

you did great have any room for company LOL