_

_

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sick Baby Girl Again and Other Stuff

So, Alexa had a 102 fever Tuesday afternoon. I gave her some Advil, the fever went down, and she was playing as normal. Around 9:30 that night, she woke up and was crying. Dave got her and brought her into our room. I could immediately tell that she was VERY hot. Her temperature was 104, so I gave her some more Advil and began undressing her for a bath. Meanwhile she threw up on our comforter and the floor. This is the second time she has managed to get sick on our comforter. I bathed her and got her cooled down and then called the pediatrician to see what to do about redosing the Advil. The lady I spoke with said to try to get down some Gatorade or Pedialyte (not Powerade which is of course all that I had in the house). So off to the store I went. She drank a good amount Gatorade, had some Advil, and then went to sleep on her mattress on our floor (she and Caleb share a room, and I didn't want to disturb him if she continued to throw up). Fortunately, she slept all night long. She had a 101 fever when she woke up Wednesday morning, but no more fever after that. Hopefully it was just a random virus and no one else will get it (crosses fingers).

Meanwhile, Caleb had an appointment to get his stitches out from his fall last week. So Grammy graciously jumped in the shower and got dressed so she could take him to his appointment. They were in and out and home within about an hour of when they left. I don't think I've ever had a pediatrician's appointement that went that fast.

Grammy was here again today watching the kids while I went to work and my first prenatal appointment. Now I am just waiting to put the kids in bed so I can crash! I am exhausted!

No comments: