_

_

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Coupons, coupons, coupons

The coupons are taking over my dining room table again. Only half of it, though, because we have been eating dinner in there every night. Keeping up with my coupons has been a bit of a challenge with my arms often full with a baby, but I still love being able to save us so much money.

Thursday night, I ran to a consignment sale, Kroger, and Publix without the kids. I generally take them grocery shopping with me, and they are usually pretty well-behaved. But I had lots to get and lots of coupons, so I was glad to leave them home this time.

First, I stopped at a consignment sale. I didn't get any fantastic deals, but I did fill in a few gaps in the kids' summer wardrobes, most notably pajamas. For some reason, pajamas are hard to find at consignment sales. In my mind, they're the perfect thing to buy used since no one sees them anyway. Maybe that's why I can never find any because others snatch them up before I get there.

Next I stopped at Kroger. I spent $32.00 and saved $80.27 or 71%. Here are some of the best deals I got -
8 bags Kraft shredded cheese - FREE
8 chunks Kraft cheese - $.50 each
4 loaves Kroger wheat bread - $.39 each
5 lbs ground beef - $4.49 (that's less than $1 a pound)
2 boxes Ronzoni smart taste pasta - $.25 overage each
6 bottles Motts apple juice - $.99 each (regularly $3.49)

Then I went to Publix. I spent $26.08 and saved $82.32, which is 76%. Here are some of the best deals I got there -
2 boxes Benadryl - FREE
2 bags chicken nuggets - $1.00 each
4 frozen pizzas - $1.40 each (a cheap night off for the cook)
All laundry detergent - $.99 each

All in all a good night of savings and fun to get out without the kids.

1 comment:

DreArt said...

amaaaazing!
Free cheese would be nice