_

_

Friday, March 12, 2010

Random Tidbits

1) An hour ago it was pouring and thundering. Now it is sunny. This is the first time we've seen the sun since Tuesday morning. Nevermind, the sun went behind a cloud before I finished this post.

2) I had 4 people for dinner before prayer meeting Wednesday. Here's the kitchen disaster that resulted. Don't worry, I got it all cleaned up before anyone arrived.

3) Jordanna slept through the night Saturday night and Sunday night. She has yet to do so again, but she still sleeps better at night than the other two did.

4) Jordanna is refusing naps today. And I have A LOT to get done today including progress reports for school. Good thing she is cute.

5) I've lost 4 pounds or so in the last few weeks from working out with my Wii Fit and eating better. Rainy days, however, do not help, since they put me in baking mood. Yesterday the kids helped me make letter shaped soft pretzels and granola bars.

6) I'm beginning to seriously research kindergarten curriculum for Caleb next year. I've already changed my mind like 5 times.

7) Right now is spring consignment sale season around here. I love buying new clothes for the kids and getting great bargains, but I HATE the process of determining who needs what and switching out clothes for the season. I actually didn't sell clothes this season because I couldn't bring myself to do all the sorting and tagging required.

8) I'm doing a fun swap with some online friends right now. Each person is assigned a preschool project to make (mine is a catalog collage). We each make 20 of our assigned project and package them in zipper top gallon bags. Then we keep one for ourselves and send the other 19 to the coordinator. She sorts them and sends us back 19 different projects. I'm planning to use them this summer as activities for the kids while we are taking a break from formal preschool.

9) Speaking of preschool, I guess it's time to start with Alexa for real in the fall. I have Caleb's preschool curriculum upstairs somewhere, so I'll just use that.

10) Dave is proctoring the SAT this Saturday and doing detention next Saturday. I definitely appreciate the extra spending money he earns, but we all miss having Daddy home on Saturday morning.

No comments: