_

_

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Personal Chef and Customer Service

Many days, okay most days, I would love to have a personal chef to make yummy, healthy meals for my family every night. Or maybe a maid. Hmmmm. Anyway, this is as close as it gets around here. - my bread machine and my crock pot.
I have dough going in the bread machine and chicken breasts (which I got on special today for $.99/lb) in the crock pot, which I will use to make chicken squares for dinner tonight (recipe below).

On another note, the little plastic thingy that holds the carpet attachment onto the pole of my vacuum broke last week. I am apparently too hard on it, because this is the second time it has broken in the 11.5 months or so that I have had the vacuum. Anyway, I called yesterday to order a new piece. I did not pay for expedited shipping, and the estimated arrival of the part was November 16. Until then, I figured I could either skip vacuuming (my favorite option) or duct tape the part on like I did yesterday. But, when I stepped out onto the porch this afternoon, there was a box containing the part. Talk about fast! Now I just need Dave to put it on, and I will be good to go (and have no excuse not to vacuum. Well except for being hugely pregnant).


Chicken Squares -

Bread dough of sort. I used the white bread recipe from my bread machine cookbook today. Sometimes I use a yeast biscuit recipe. You could also use Pillsbury crescent rolls or pizza dough.

Filling:
3 oz cream cheese, softened
3 TB margarine or butter, melted
2 cups diced cooked chicken
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
2 TB milk

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix filling ingredients together. Divide dough into 4 small balls (or if you are using an 8 pack of crescent rolls, press 2 together to make 4 squares). If I have extra dough, I make some into dinner rolls for another night. Roll out dough into 4 squares. Place approximately 1/2 c of filling on each square. Fold edges together and seal. Bake seam side down for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.

4 comments:

Dave said...

That vacuum sucks.

Halyna said...

just blows.

Joan said...

I haven't had any problem with my vacuum cleaner bought at the same time as yours.

Joan said...

P.S. Thanks for getting rid of the word verification.