_

_

Friday, May 28, 2010

From My Kitchen

Crunchy Jumble cookies (basically chocolate chip cookies with Rice Krispies in them, let me know if you want the recipe) for movie night with my middle school class on Friday and church on Sunday
Chicken pesto pizza
Brown cubed chicken in some olive oil. I sprinkled it with seasoned salt and garlic powder.
Make, buy, or otherwise obtain pesto sauce and a prebaked crust. I chose jarred pesto sauce and made a homemade wheat crust.
Spread crust with pesto, top with chicken and cheese, bake, and enjoy!
Lunch! - Pizza grilled cheese sandwiches (sandwich sliced pepperoni, provolone, and a sprinkling of Italian seasoning on Publix bakery Italian bread), carrot sticks, grapes, and blackberries
Lunch again - Smiley face (free, veggie) burgers, pickles, grapes and raspberries (Alexa doesn't eat berries; Caleb LOVES them.), carrots, chips and (free) dip
Monkey muffins
Preheat oven to 350. Makes 18.

1/c butter, softened
1 c sugar ( I used brown sugar this time because I was completely out of white. Oops!)
2 eggs
1 c mashed ripe bananas (I pulled some out of the freezer and defrosted in the microwave.)
2/3 c peanut butter
1 TB milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 c self rising flour
1 c semisweet chocolate chips

In large bowl, cream butter and 1 c sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the bananas, peanut butter, milk, and vanilla. Add flour to creamed mixture, just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Pesto pizza looks goood. Did you make the cookies for the refreshment table?? I was thinking I had to bring breakfast-y type things. You won't hear me protesting if that's not the case...

EmilyV said...

Yes, I made them for the refreshment table. No, I don't always make breakfast things. Actually, I think chocolate chip cookies are one of everyone's favorite snacks. They always disappear pretty quickly.

Laura said...

Good to know...

DreArt said...

this blog is making me very hungry! :)