_

_

Sunday, May 30, 2010

From My Kitchen

"Cheese candles" - this is what Caleb calls it when I stick pretzels into cheese cubes. The kids love these.
Caesar salad, tomato sauce...
and homemade calzones, one of Dave's favorite meals
I saw a recipe for Orange Glazed doughnuts in Family Feasts for $75 a Week that sounded good. I've actually never made doughnuts before, but I thought I'd give it a try. I don't have a doughnut cutter, so I used a biscuit cutter for the large circle and a lid from a 2L bottle for the small circle.
Here they are in the oil.
And here's the finished product, 6 orange glazed doughnuts and 6 cinnamon sugar.
Caleb and Alexa enjoying their doughnuts

I found this preseasoned chicken on Manager's Special for $1.79/lb. It seemed a little plain to just cook and serve, so I threw it in a pan and baked it.
Then I chopped it and divided it up to use in several meals. I have some for chicken bacon ranch pizza tonight, some for Nasi Goreng on Saturday night, and 3 cups to put in the freezer for later use on pizza, in quesadillas, or with pasta.
And here's a chocolate silk pie that I made for my mom's birthday dinner. Yum!

No comments: