_

_

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Never a Dull Moment

Alexa's preschool curriculum includes a weekly nature walk. Some of the weeks are fairly specific such as next week, which suggests a walk near a lake or pond. This week was just a generic walk. While I don't think we will actually take a nature walk every week this year, I do want to try to take one as often as possible. If you actually read my schedule I posted earlier today, walks will typically fall int the morning errand/outside time. However, it is still TOO hot here to consider walking even in the late morning. So, I got everyone in the car at 8:30 this morning to make a quick stop at the post office and then to take a walk. On the way out of the neighborhood, I saw a power pole and lines down right outside of our entrance and a man standing nearby on his cell phone. Not good!

Here are some pictures from our walk.


On our way home, the road to our neighborhood (where the pole was down) was completely blocked off, so I turned around and went in the other entrance. When I got home, our garage door was only halfway down. The power must have gone out just after I left the house earlier in the morning. So, I manually closed the garage, packed up some stuff, and we headed to Grammy's house. It was 97 degrees here today, and I wasn't about to sit around here with 3 kids, no air, a refrigerator I shouldn't open, and no TV, computer, internet, or phone. We played at Grammy's, did some school, went to Chickfila for lunch, and napped.

Dave and I went by the house later to find the power on, but still no cable, internet or phone, so we brought the kids home. But, just about an hour ago, everything came back on. Yay! And that was my Thursday.

1 comment:

Halyna said...

any excuse is a good excuse for chickfila!!!