_

_

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Teaching Time

So, my mom and my teacher sides seem to be colliding. As a mom, I am not a scheduler. Loose routine, yes. Schedule, no. As a teacher, I'm was a scheduler (I'm talking about when I used to teach 5 days a week). Lunch, P.E., etc. were all scheduled for me, and I carefully scheduled all the other subjects to fit in somewhere. Anyway, I've been feeling the need to make a schedule for our days. I work on Tuesdays starting in 2 weeks, so this will be our schedule for Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I'm sure I will need to adjust it as the school year progresses and Jordanna's schedule changes. And I wouldn't be surprised if Alexa drops her nap entirely sometime this year. And by the way, I scheduled this post. No, I did not write it in the middle of school time.

7:00-8:00 Get up, breakfast, TV time
8:00-9:00 Get dressed, make beds, morning chores, start laundry, play time for kids
9:00-10:30 School for big kids, Jordanna nap time
1) Bible
2) Literature
3) Handwriting
4) Phonics
5) Math
6) Science/Art/Etc. (we do these once a week or so)
10:30-12:00 Errands/Story time at library on Weds./Outside time
12:00-1:00 Lunch prep, eating, and cleanup, switch laundry
1:00-1:30 Read aloud
1:30-2:30 Nap time for girls (including Mommy), room time for Caleb
2:30-3:30 Nap time for girls, computer time for Caleb (he has a TON of educational games that some friends from church gave him) and Mommy (e-mail, lesson plans, etc.)
3:30-4:30 Snack time, outside time (once it is not so hot outside)
4:30 Daddy comes home!
4:30-5:30 Free play time
5:30-6:30 Dinner prep, eating, cleanup, and baths
6:30-7:30 Wii/TV time
7:30 Bedtime

2 comments:

Molly said...

I can't tell you what joy I had reading your schedule. I LOVE schedules, even other people's. :P

Oma and Opa said...

We noticed that you put an "explaination point" behind the DAVE COMES HOME:)