_

_

Monday, August 30, 2010

What We've Been up to This Weekend

Thursday - I crammed almost 2 days of school for Caleb into one so that we could take Friday off. We went to the park, ate lunch with Dave at work, and stopped by a consignment sale. I also did most of my lesson plans for my next 2 weeks of teaching English. And I got my house ready for Friday. Dave came home, mowed the lawn, and packed for his weekend trip.

Friday - Dave left for school and a white water rafting trip. The kids and I were planning to host a Back to School Book Swap for our home school group. 23 people (plus the 4 of us) were signed up to come. But only 4 came, and they were late. We still had a good time, but Alexa was a bit disappointed that no girls came to play dress up and babies with her. After they left, we went to the library, got lunch, and picked up some groceries. Then back home for naps. After naps, we went to my parents' house, where we had spaghetti for dinner. After the kids played outside with Gramps for awhile after dinner, Caleb, Jordanna, and I went home, and Alexa spent the night. Caleb and I watched The Super Mario Brothers Super Show when we got home.

Saturday - Caleb and Jordanna actually let me sleep in a bit. I did some cleaning while we waited for Alexa to get home. Then we went to Dave's school for a kickball tournament for our church (we don't have our own church building, so another teacher who is also a church member borrowed the school facility for the day). We also had a picnic lunch there. Back home for naps again and then back to Publix to return our movies and get newspapers for the coupons. I got everyone fed, cut Caleb and Alexa's hair, bathed everyone, and got everyone in bed. Then I proceeded to get everything ready for Sunday. Dave got home around 9:00, and I was upstairs ironing.

Sunday - We had Sunday school and church as usual. I grilled chicken for lunch at Molly's house, and we also had potatoes, salad, rolls, and peanut butter pie. I put Jordanna down for a nap, laid down with Alexa, and accidentally slept most of the afternoon. We went back to church, came home for dinner, and put everyone to bed. Then I watched TV on my new to me (but actually very old) TV in my bedroom with my new cable.

And now it is Monday. And I have 11 minutes before the schedule says it is time to start school. So I better get moving.

No comments: