_

_

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Another Round of THM Dinners

I didn't take as many pictures this time, but I still have some yummy meals to share. The kids think it is hilarious when I take a picture of my dinner.  Anyway, here's another week's worth of THM dinners.

Day 1 - Chicken noodle soup (FP), Grilled cheese sandwiches (S or E)

For the chicken noodle soup, place 2 chicken breasts, 1-2 cartons of fat free chicken broth, chopped carrots and celery (and onions if you like them, I use onion powder), salt, pepper, and basil in the crockpot.  Cook on low for 4-5 hours.  Right before serving, cook a box of Dreamfield's pasta (I think I used rotini) according to package directions.  Shred chicken and stir noodles into soup.  The soup by itself is FP.

Grilled cheese sandwiches - Kids get 100% Whole Wheat bread and cheddar.  For an S, use a Joseph's Pita or low carb tortilla, butter, and regular cheese.  For an E, use spouted bread, cheddar laughing cow, and a light spritz of coconut oil spray.

Day 2 - Brats, raw veggies and ranch, berries - S

Look for brats with 1-2 carbs each.  I eat mine in a Joseph's pita with spicy brown mustard.  Kids get regular buns and ketchup.  Sierra likes to eat her ketchup by itself using her fingers, but that's beside the point.

Day 3 - Slow Cooker Italian Beef Stew, Buttered Gwen's Nest Bread, sliced cheese - S helper for one piece of bread or crossover for 2

We all LOVE this soup.  Even the kids (and Dave) eat it, and they are not typically fond of zucchini.  Make sure you mix up the bread dough 72 hours before you plan to serve it.  The souring process breaks down the carbs and makes it on plan.

Day 4 - Savory Cinnamon Slow Cooker Chicken (I was not lying about using my crock pot all the time), brown rice, canned green beans - E

I know this picture isn't very appetizing, but it was very yummy.  Everyone enjoyed it.  The chicken recipe calls for making this meal and freezing it ahead of time; I just made it the day I served it.  I cooked the rice in chicken broth for added flavor.  I just put salt and pepper on my green beans.  The kids put butter on their rice and/or green beans to make their meal a crossover.  Or there's Jordanna who just licked the butter off of her knife.  Whatever works.

Day 5 - Cheeseburger pie (I add bacon when I make this), sauteed mushrooms, roasted potatoes (I skip these), salad with ranch - S

You might notice the canned drink in this picture and other previous picture.  I usually just drink water (and coffee), but I do like to have La Croix or Dasani sparkling water from time to time.


Day 6 - Chicken in Tomato Basil Cream Sauce, Dreamfield's Pasta, Oven Roasted Broccoli - S



Yum! Enough said!

Chicken in Tomato and Basil Cream Sauce - S
5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
fat of your choice for cooking chicken
2 tsp Italian seasoning
2 tsp garlic powder
2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 can diced tomatoes
⅓-½ cup fresh basil, diced
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese


  1. Sprinkle seasonings over chicken, to lightly coat
  2. Cook chicken on stove-top pan, browning on both sides
  3. When chicken is just about done, remove the meat from the pan and set aside
  4. Add cream to pan, stirring to loosen and mix the leftover juices and such
  5. Keep cream at a simmer and drain tomatoes and add to cream
  6. Add the basil and cheese to the mixture, stir until combined and bring back to a simmer
  7. Add chicken back into the pan
  8. Simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring and turning chicken until sauce has coated the meat
  9. Serve over Dreamfields angel hair if you are a pasta eater, spaghetti squash or zucchini, steamed veggies, or as is.

Day 7 - Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken Thighs (Yep, there's the crockpot again), Loaded Cauliflower Casserole, Rolls (I skip these), Salad

No comments: