_

_

Monday, January 19, 2015

Teaching Time

Caleb was watching his Latin DVD last week (which, by the way, was money WELL spent), and Jordanna wanted to watch it with him.  I told her she could as long as she was quiet.  So sweet!
Latin teacher
One of the ways we study Alexa's spelling words is for her to give me a spelling test.  I spell many words incorrectly, but I try to use common misspellings.  Then Alexa has to grade the test.  Apparently I did so poorly that I got a G.
Another way we practice spelling words is using these letter tiles.
Jordanna had to make a quilt out of paper for a literature unit she is doing.  We (very loosely) modeled it after the quilt that Grammy made her when she was born.
And if you are wondering by now where Sierra is, she now goes to special needs preschool at the local public elementary school.  The bus picks her up around 6:55 and drops her off around 12:25.  She get speech and occupational therapy at school as well as just general educational experiences including playing hockey in PE last week.  There are 10 students and 4 teachers.  We miss her while she is gone, but it gives us wonderful uninterrupted time to home school.

No comments: