_

_

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

One Week of Trim Healthy Dinners

So, I wanted to give an example of one week of dinners on Trim Healthy Mama (breakfast, lunch and snacks to come later) to show how easy and yummy our meals are and how to adapt my meals to the needs of growing children without having to make separate dinners. These are all actual meals we have eaten in the last week and a half or so. I have included recipe links included if possible and what type of meal  (S, E, FP, or crossover)

Day 1 - Ham (I buy a small ham at Aldi that is very low in sugar/carbs), stovetop mac and cheese (I use Dreamfield's pasta and sub half and half for the evaporated milk to stay on plan.  I omit mustard and hot sauce, but that is just personal preference), roasted cauliflower and broccoli (roast in oven at 400 degress for about 25 minutes with olive oil, salt, and pepper, stir occasionally, add parmesan for last 10 min if desired) - S

Day 2 - Chicken quesadillas (Low carb tortillas for me, regular for everyone else.  I used store bought precooked chicken and shredded cheddar), sour cream, salsa, tortilla chips (I skip these), salad - S

Day 3 - Bacon, scrambled eggs, low carb pancakes with sugar free syrup for me, regular pancakes for everyone else, strawberries, decaf coffee with half and half (me only) - S

Day 4 - Slow cooker turkey chili (omit corn, top with 0% Greek yogurt and/or, laughing cow cheese to stay on plan),  hotdogs for the kids (two eat a plain hot dog, one eats a chili dog, and one eats hotdog and chili separately), baked blue tortilla chips, fruit salad - E (or crossover if you eat the chili over a bunless hotdog)

Day 5 - Meatballs in cream sauce , Dreamfield's pasta, garlic bread (for the kids), salad - S

Day 6 - Chicken Q sandwiches (Sub Truvia for the honey, I eat bunless), roasted potatoes (I skip these), green fries (from the book), salad - S

Day 7 - Slow cooker cream cheese chicken taquitos (low carb tortillas for me, regular for everyone else), chips and salsa (I skip the chips), salad

As you can tell, I usually make S dinner (crossover for the kids) and eat my E meals at breakfast or lunch.  Also, I use my crock pot A LOT and fill in with easy meals on other nights.  And I eat a lot of salads.  It is possible to do this plan without spending hours in the kitchen.

Stay tuned for breakfast, lunch, and snack ideas!

No comments: