_

_

Monday, January 26, 2015

Trim Healthy Breakfasts

Finally on to Trim Healthy Breakfasts.

Day 1 - Baked Oatmeal - E. I like to mix this up right after I put Sierra on the bus.  Then I can go take a shower while it bakes.  I have made banana, applesauce, apple, blueberry, raspberry, and pumpkin.

Day 2 - Spinach mushroom egg white omelet, 2 pieces of sprouted toast with Polaner's jam - E.  I can never use a whole bag of spinach before it gets slimy, so I just pick a few pieces of spinach out of my tub of spring mix.  I use Aldi brand light laughing cow cheese when I make an egg white omelet.
Day 3 - 2 eggs fried in butter, 3 pieces of bacon - S.

Day 4 - French toast made with Trader Joe's Tuscan Whole Wheat, 2 pieces of sausage - crossover (because I used butter and whole eggs, to make it an E use egg whites and lightly spritz the pan with coconut spray).

Day 5 - 2 pieces of sprouted bread - E.  1 topped with jam.  1 topped with light laughing cow cheese and microwaved egg whites (I just spray a small glass Pyrex with coconut spray, pour in egg whites, and microwave just over a minute.).

Day 6 - Scrambled eggs and shredded cheddar on two low carb tortillas - S.  I sometimes add bacon, but we were out.  You can also add salsa.

Day 7 - Cheesy scrambled eggs and a strawberry cheesecake smoothie (recipe below) - S.


Raspberry Cheesecake Shake - S

½ c cottage cheese
1 scoop protein powder
¾-2 tsp Truvia
5-10 ice cubes
½-1 c water
½ tsp gluc. (optional)
½ c fresh or frozen raspberries (or strawberries)
2 TB cream cheese

Blend all ingredients in the blender and enjoy!

No comments: