_

_

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Catechizing and Memorizing

I have attempted on and off for the last several months to begin teaching Caleb the Catechism for Young Children. For those of you unfamiliar with this, a catechism is a series of questions and answers about what the Bible teaches. The Children's Catechism starts out with the very basics, the first question and answer being, "Q. Who made you? A. God." Well, like I said, I have asked Caleb the first question on and off with little success. Well, he has FINALLY started answering me this week, and he has also learned number 2, "Q. What else did God make? A. God made all things." In addition, he can fill in the blank on 2 Bible verses. Your word is truth, and the Lord is my Shepherd, although I will admit that the word shepherd is barely recognizable by anyone but me. It is so exciting to watch him learn and develop each day, and especially to see his spiritual development. My hope and prayer for him (and Alexa, too, of course) is that he will walk with Lord every day of his life and love and serve Him faithfully.

1 comment:

Marissa said...

That's great! Covenant children are such a blessing.