_

_

Monday, June 2, 2008

CVS Deals and Some Freebies

It's a new month and thus the beginning of new deals at CVS. Here's what Caleb and I bought today in 5 transactions. Before sales and coupons, all this merchandise totaled $98.12. I spent $2.67, and I still have $.32 on a gift card and $26 in ECB to spend later.
Transaction #1 and #2 -
2 Chex Mix
1 Pampers jumbo pack diapers
2 Listerine Smart Rinse
1 Johnson Buddy soap

Coupons-
2 $1/1 Chex mix
1 $1.50/1 Pampers
1 $1/1 Johnsons
$3/$15 purchase
$8 in ECB

Total - $2.99
ECBs earned - $6.98 for the Smart Rinse

I knew something was wrong but there was a huge line, so I went out to the car to check my receipt. I forgot to use 2 $1/1 Listerine Smart rinse, so I went back in, and she put $2 on a gift card for me. I used that to pay for all the rest of my transactions, and I still have $.32 left.

Transaction #3 -
1 Chex Mix
2 Pampers Jumbo packs diapers
1 Johnson Buddy soap

Coupons used -
$1/1 Chex Mix
$2/2 Pampers
$1/1 Johnson
$3/$15
$10 ECB

Total - $1.24 (used gift card)
ECBs earned - $5 for Pampers

Transaction #4 -
12 pack Coke
5 Dove travel size deodorant
Dove body wash
2 Brut deodorant
1 Johnson Buddy soap

Coupons used - (I pulled them out and the cashier said, "Oh, I love coupons." She was very nice)
5 $.75/1 Dove deodorant
$1/1 Dove body wash
Free 12 pack Coke
2 $1/1 Brut
$1/1 Johnson Buddy soap
$3/$15
$5.99 in ECB

Total - $.24 (used gift card)
ECBs earned - $3 for Dove and $6 for Brut

Transaction #5 -
2 Oral B 2 pack toothbrushes
1 Brut deodorant
(I wanted to get CVS brand bandaids, too, but they were all out of the correct size)

Coupons used -
$16.98 in ECB

Total - $.20 (used gift card)
ECBs earned - $13.98 for the Oral B and $3 for the Brut

So, they were only out of one thing that I wanted, and it was a fun shopping trip.

We also got some freebies in the mail Saturday and today including deodorant, a potty training DVD, and granola.

2 comments:

Molly said...

Nice job!! Your picture looks familiar!!

Joan said...

That was more than I could comprehend in one sitting.