_

_

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Over $100 of groceries for $31.14

Today at Publix, I got $101.72 worth of groceries for $31.14, which is a savings of 69%. Here’s what I got.

2 Lysol toilet bowl cleaners
3 Reduced sugar Pillsbury cake mixes
1 Orville Redenbacher 3 pack microwave popcorn
1 Old El Paso taco seasoning packet
2 Old El Paso dinner kits
4 Ken’s marinades
2.15 lbs bananas
2 Sundown kids’ vitamins
4 pork rib chops
1 Daisy sour cream (free)
1 pint blueberries
2 packages Nestle break and bake refrigerated cookies
1 loaf Italian five grain bread
1.22 lbs green beans
3 Uncle Ben’s ready rice
1 Frank’s hot sauce (free)
2 Cover girl lip gloss (free)
3 8 oz packages Publix cream cheese
1 can organic diced tomatoes
1 can organic tomato sauce
2 cans Del Monte mixed vegetables
1 Pompeian olive oil
1 Cascade rinse aid (free)

I had a cashier that I like to avoid. She opened a new register, though, and I was next in line and there was no one behind me. She scrutinizes EVERY coupon and looks up on her screen to make sure you bought each item. It took FOREVER. I was in the line with a young guy who just scans any coupon and barely looks at them. Oh well. I had all the right coupons for the right items, so after standing there forever with 2 kids who were getting grumpy, she got everything scanned, and I saved tons of money.

No comments: