_

_

Monday, June 2, 2008

Fun and Frugal Date

As I mentioned before, Dave and I went on a date Saturday afternoon. We took the kids to my parents' house after lunch and put Alexa down for a nap before we left. First, we headed to Barnes and Noble because Dave had a gift card from one of his students. I sat and read a magazine in peace while he picked out a world globe puzzle with his gift card. I hate doing puzzles, but his parents will be here later this week and can help him with it. Next we "bought" our movie tickets using free passes that I earned from My Coke Rewards. We still had a few minutes before our movie so we went into Old Navy where I found some great clearance deals for Alexa. I got her an adorable bikini with a halter top and shorts bottom (look for a picture soon), as well as some long sleeve shirts for the fall that were 99 cents each. We also wandered around Borders for a few minutes. Then we went to see Prince Caspian. We headed back to my parents' house for a yummy steak dinner followed by chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream. All in all, it was a fun and frugal date,

No comments: