_

_

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Random Tidbits

Caleb has apparently learned to identify numbers. We were all playing in his room last night when he picked up a set of numbered balls and begin to point at and identify the numbers. Not sure when he learned that. He still enjoys identifying letters and is getting better at colors every day.

I got stung by a wasp on the top of my head yesterday afternoon while the kids and Daddy were in the swimming pool. It hurt! And it still hurts! Fortunately, my reactions seem to have decreased since childhood, and neither eye is swollen shut.

Yuck alert! I have seen three cockroaches in our house in the last week. Spraying for bugs is at the top of Dave's Honey-Do list next week. Eeeeeeeeew!

Dave and I are going to see Prince Caspian this afternoon. The last movie we saw in the theater was the first Chronicles of Narnia movie almost a year and half ago. This is also the first date we have been on in a few months. And we get to go out next weekend for our anniversary as well since Dave's parents will be in town and can watch the kids.

In honor of our date today, I thought it might be nice to like shower and shave or something. So after I put Alexa down for a nap this morning, I headed for the shower. It took about 3.5 seconds for a little boy to find me and stand outside the shower whining, "I want Caleb bath." Dave distracted him (or so I thought), and I finished my shower in peace. However, the second I jumped out of the shower, he ran into the bathroom once again saying, "I want Caleb bath." So I filled up the tub and threw him in. He's still there; I suppose I should get him out soon. (For all you paranoid types, the computer is located right outside of the bathroom door, so yes I am supervising him). Never mind, a wet naked little boy just came streaking through the room. I guess he's done.

Tomorrow is my best friend's 6th anniversary. They have been married a whole week longer than us and like to joke that they will be happy to give us marital advice since they have so much more experience. Happy Anniversary, Molly and Nick!

1 comment:

Molly said...

Have fun on your date! We may see "Prince Caspian" tonight too. We'll be happy to sit down with you two tomorrow afternoon and give you as much advice as you want. There is so much you have to learn! :)