_

_

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Book Recommendation


I just wanted to mention this cookbook. I have made a ton of recipes from it lately. What you do is prep the recipe and then freeze. When you are ready to eat it, you thaw in the fridge overnight and then prepare it. The book gives instructions for preparing each recipe in larger quantities, so you can make more than one of each recipe and freeze them. I have made a few by myself, but I have also gotten together with friends and family to make some, too. What we do is each bring our own meat and ziploc bags and then each purchase the ingredients for one meal. Then we can make an assembly line and get lots of meals done at once. We are not fans of leftover around here, so like that most meals in the book are not cooked before they are frozen and therefore don't taste "leftoverish." We are having the Dijon Pork Roast tonight. Honestly, it is my least favorite meal from this cookbook so far, but we have really liked all the other ones we have tried.

No comments: