_

_

Monday, May 12, 2008

CVS and Walgreens Deals of the Day


I got some great deals at CVS and Walgreens today. I got everything pictures above for $1.62. I still have over $40 in CVS ECB and $10 in Walgreens RR, and I will also be receiving $4.59 in rebates from Walgreens, which will be loaded on my Walgreens gift card.

Here's what I got -
5 12 packs Coca Cola products
2 pints Ben and Jerry's ice cream (which we already sampled. I love the Chunky Monkey flavor.)
1 Johnsons buddy soap
1 Glade air freshener
2 Pert Plus shampoo
4 Colgate toothpaste (I think I'm up to like 20 tubes now)
1 Schick Intuition razor
2 Hawaiian Tropic lip balm
2 Cottonelle flushable wipes (I've been grabbing these when I see good deals, so I can use them when potty training Caleb)
1 Walgreens pads

Some of you may be beginning to wonder why I "buy" so much toothpaste. Well, you see, the Extra Care Bucks (ECBs) that I earn from CVS expire about 30 days after I earn them. In order to be able to keep doing these deals, I don't just spend the ECBs on whatever I want when they are due to expire soon. Instead I look for something on sale at CVS that will earn me more ECBs thus keeping them continually rolling. For some reason, CVS like to give toothpaste away for free. This week, Colgate is on sale for $2.99, and it gives back $2 in ECB. Combine that with a $1 or $1.50 coupon, and I get either free toothpaste or get paid to take home toothpaste. So, no, I do not need more toothpaste. But sometimes I "buy" something I don't really need in order to keep my ECBs rolling so that I can keep getting deals on things I do need. Clear as mud, right?

1 comment:

Moriah @ Please Pass the Salt said...

And that's the kind of stuff (once you're well-stocked) that is easy donatable at a shelter or something... People need it and you didn't even have to pay for it!