_

_

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Almost 50% Savings at Kroger

After being stuck home for two days with a grumpy, sick baby girl, I really needed to get out tonight. So I headed to Kroger to do the weekly grocery shopping. Grocery shopping in the rain is not exactly the most fun thing in the world, but it is still much better than grocery shopping with two children. They really are happy and well-behaved at the store most of the time, but I can just shop so much faster by myself.

Anyway, I was reading in the AJC this morning about the rising costs of food. They were speculating whether milk or gas is going to end up costing more per gallon. Well, despite the rising cost of food, I just brought home a whole cart full of food for $46.83. I saved $43.68, for a savings of 48%. Not bad! It gets even better, though. I paid with a Kroger gift card, which I paid $300 for and they gave me $330. So basically, I got $30 worth of free groceries. If you live near a Kroger, you really should check out this deal.

Here's what $46.83 can buy when you shop sales and coupons -
Sara Lee Key Lime Pie
Stouffer's Panini
Stouffer's Flatbread
2 Frozen pizzas
6 pack of Firsh yogurt (It has Finding Nemo on it, which Caleb calls firsh)
3 cans Pringles
2 packs bacon
1 lb all natural grain fed ground beef
5 chicken breasts
5 rolls paper towels
2 lbs bananas
2 8 oz bags shredded cheese
1 16 oz bag shredded cheese
Margarine
Hummus
Nesquik chocolate milk shake (FREE)
Croutons
Romaine lettuce
Blueberries
3 Softsoap hand soaps
Hilshire Farm oven roasted chicken
1 dozen eggs
1 gallon milk
Sour cream
1 loaf wheat bread
English muffins
6 Hoagie Rolls
2 bottles of Kraft dressing
Wheat crackers
Something else that I can't tell what it is from the receipt :)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Good savings. I also grabbed some good deals at Kroger this week!

Lori said...

You did get a great deal. I find that when I can go shopping without my children that I take twice as long. I mosey, look, and piddle. It is nice.