_

_

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Conversation with Caleb

Caleb's vocabulary is finally getting to the point where it is possible to have a conversation with him albeit a very short one. Here is a conversation I had with Caleb on the way home from our outing today.

I heard his cup thud to the ground, and I said, "Oh no, did you drop your cup"
Caleb - "Uh, oh. Cup. Drop it water."
Me - "Here, you can have Mommy's water." I handed him my water bottle.
Caleb - "Oh, Thank You!" Said in a very excited voice.
Me - "You're welcome, buddy."
Caleb - "Stuck." It is a non-spill water bottle and sometimes get too much suction so you can't get any water out.
Me - "Oh, it is stuck? I'll fix it for you." I fixed it and handed it back to him.

In other Caleb news, he was playing with crayons at the restaurant today and wrote and correctly identified the letters O and D. He also wrote and identified and upside down U and an A with out the cross line. I have never worked with him on writing his letters; he just did this on his own.

2 comments:

Dave said...

restaurant?!?

Molly said...

I was pretty amazed by him writing his letters. He is so smart.