_

_

Monday, October 6, 2008

CVS Deals of the Day and Dentist trip

I dragged my mostly patient and well-behaved children to three different CVS stores today, all of which were out of the elusive Well Patch which is a nice money maker in the month of October. I did get lots of stuff. I spent a bit more than usual today, $11.94, because I needed to get some more diapers for Caleb for our trip this weekend, and I didn't want to use up all my ECB. I saved $135.18, which was a savings of 91%, so still not too shabby.

Here's what I got today -

Store #1 -
3 4 pack Bic Soleil razor cartridges
1 Breeze II diabetes monitor (donate)
1 Vitamin Water
1 CVS brand vitamin D

Store #2 -
1 4 pack Bic Soleil razor cartridges
2 Colgate Max Fresh toothpastes
3 kids toothbrushes (on clearance, hard to find a good deal on these)

Store #3 -
2 Mega packs Playskool diapers
2 packs Always pads
1 3 pack CVS paper towels

In between all these CVS trips, I took the kids to the dentist. They both did pretty well, and I really liked the dentist and office, until I learned that my insurance only gives a discount for pediatric dentists and doesn't actually pay for the visit. You think either the insurance company or the dentist could have told me that last week when I called. Anyway, we will be switching both kids to a family dentist for their next visits.

No comments: